Friday, April 6, 2012

30 Days of Photographs II - Day 6



Tragedy





As you can see,  The Experiment ended up in Tragedy.  I was rather optimistic in my small appliance repair skills, selecting all of the tools I thought would better assist me in this task.

But in my haste to test my mechanical mastery and the late arrival of a strange but endearing little beaver (he brought me a bouquet of pink flowers as an apology for his tardiness) and upon whom I bestowed the honour of "flipping the switch" as it were, I neglected to reset our surge protector.

Everything got a little fuzzy and confusing after the sudden bright flash of light and boom, but the last thing I clearly recall is seeing the beaver reaching for the electrical outlet with plug in one hand, still holding the bouquet of flowers in the other. 

When I woke up this morning, what I found is what you see in the photo.  I also discovered that my attempt at this minor repair project caused an island-wide Power failure, leaving the entire population of the island in the dark and without cable or internet access until late this morning, hence my tardiness in publishing today's photo.

I couldn't find hide nor hair of the beaver.




* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is part of the 30 Days of Photographs II challenge, spawned by Ziva & BonyMike (a.k.a. MikeWJ). Please visit the others that are contributing to this lunacy:





No comments:

Post a Comment