Friday, April 13, 2012

30 Days of Photographs II - Day 13


Pleasure

Only In Canada, eh?  Pity.

If you've ever spent an extended period of time away from home, you probably have experienced a bit of homesickness.  Moving to another country, on the other hand, can greatly enhance one's yearning to return to that place of familiar people, sights, sounds and smells so much so that some will return, even if it's for a mere visit.

I miss many things about Canada (and, yes, one of those things would include snow) but try as I might, I cannot shake my yearnings for certain foods that are only available in, or from, my native country.  I probably won't get to enjoy my favourite pizza, Chinese food or chicken wings for quite some time (delivery or take-out is clearly not an option and a visit home would require me getting on the plane which is definitely "not on my dance card"), so I bribe rely upon the graciousness of my visiting Canadian friends to smuggle bring down certain items that will satisfy my cravings, even if it is only for a short period of time.

But the pleasure is exquisite.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is part of the 30 Days of Photographs II challenge, spawned by Ziva & BonyMike (a.k.a. MikeWJ). Please visit the others that are contributing to this lunacy:


No comments:

Post a Comment