Saturday, April 21, 2012

30 Days of Photographs II - Day 21



Moon





Okay, so here's the thing.  Last night there was some lightning and thunder in the area and at around 11p.m., there was a blip in power which interrupted our internet reception.

Chase (one of our dogs) is terrified of thunder and sticks to me like Velcro whenever there is a storm.

I went upstairs to reset the cable box with Chase in tow.  I didn't realize that the cord from telephone that sits next to the box got stuck between my toes and my sandal.  As I turned to leave, the cord snagged my foot and I tried to stick out my other foot to gain my balance and avoid falling on my ass.  No such luck.  Chase was right behind me and, to avoid falling on her, I ended up contorting in such a manner that I literally bent the toes on the unstuck foot back toward my knee, and then I fell on my butt.

Five minutes of cursing and wails of pain ensued.

To make a long story short, I was unable to come up with any sort of photo for "moon" today, mostly because there was no moon last night (it was overcast anyway), but also because I think I may have broke my foot.

Luckily I had the foresight to buy an extra walker for my mother for the upstairs area and, even though she can no longer climb stairs, it certainly came in handy today.

I await delivery of some crutches so that I can enter the hospital with what's left of my dignity (and without having to fight with the walker) for x-rays.

I'll keep you posted.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is part of the 30 Days of Photographs II challenge, spawned by Ziva & BonyMike (a.k.a. MikeWJ). Please visit the others that are contributing to this lunacy:







No comments:

Post a Comment