Friday, April 20, 2012

30 Days of Photographs II - Day 20


Bird


This is not a dove.  This isn't a close-up.  This isn't even in focus.
This is, however, the only bird shot I had for today's theme.



I am an idiot.

I had the perfect opportunity to get a close up, focused and clear shot of a bird and I blew it.  When I entered my room to go to bed on Thursday night, I startled what I first thought was a "Money Bat" (a Black Witch moth common to the Bahamas that can grow very large in size) since there was all this flapping going on.  After turning on the light, I discovered it was only a mourning dove.

Knowing that it wasn't going to leave the room because it was too dark by then, I left it perched atop one of the ceiling fan blades to stare sideways at me (you know, in that creepy head-bobbing way that mourning doves do) for the rest of the night.

There it was, the following morning, sitting on the ceiling fan.  So, I opened the door to the balcony to allow the dove to regain its freedom and then plodded off downstairs to grab my morning coffee.

As I sat at the table sipping coffee and clearing the sleep out of my eyes, I glanced over to see what was up and coming in the list of tortures themes for this challenge.

And there it was:  Day 2o: Bird.

Needless to say, the dove had already flown the coop.

I am an idiot.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


This is part of the 30 Days of Photographs II challenge, spawned by Ziva & BonyMike (a.k.a. MikeWJ). Please visit the others that are contributing to this lunacy:




No comments:

Post a Comment