My new eyeballs (glasses) are supposed to "reach" this week.
At any rate, during my blog skimming I discovered that two blogging awards were recently bestowed upon me by that crazy Arizonan zombie wombat we all know and love as Quirkyloon. Imagine my surprise when I saw these:
Reach (as a Bahamian verb): whenever it/they/whatever arrives at a destination; emphasis on whenever.
So, in keeping with true Quirky fashion:
"Stylish"? Moi? Just be glad that this isn't a video blog. I didn't know what "matching" meant in fashion jargon until 10th grade but I try to adhere to that rule when I now go out in public. Alright, I know that that's not what is meant by this 'Stylish' award. Notwithstanding, I'm still verklempt!
"Versatile"? Granted that I don't really have a 'theme' to my blog and I write about dis, dat, and de udder tingum so, in that respect, I guess I am versatile!
Alas, with greatness comes responsibilities. Whether it be a Pulitzer Prize or a Blogging Award, obligations are attached, implied or not. In this case, the cling-ons are:
1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs you think deserve this award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
When I was given my first blog award there were "rules" attached, and when I received it I was quite the 'newbie': my task was to award 7+ bloggers and state why I thought they deserved the honour. Gah! I barely knew a handful of people at best and, likewise, they barely knew me. Little did I know then that it wasn't completely taboo to break the rules. And, like Quirks, I'm not all about rules.
Let's just call them guidelines, shall we?
- I thank ye, O Quirkyloon, and graciously accept the honours ye have bestowed upon me. (Um, no biggie but you forgot to drop me a
nuggetnote about the awards. I'll assume it was due to a DDP withdrawal - that or Blogger was still experiencing its own Twilight Zone). You like me! You really like me!!
- Seven things about meself ... well, I've probably already shared more than that and more than you care to know throughout my posts. Fine. I'll give you one of which you may not be aware: I am NOT a cat. I am, however, a bit of a 'dozo': I get confused; then again, I am so easily confused.
- Pass the awards to 10-15 bloggers:
I could surely name at least ten - probably more - blogs that deserve these awards but I think I'll just stick with the few bloggers I think will have fun with them. Hopefully I will not overlap any other honourees that may be named by my co-recipients but, you know, shit happens. So, in no particular order:
- Sandra at Absolutely Narcissism. She's a beautiful and very funny lady who should try stand-up comedy (or at least write some), and gets up all in your face with her 'naughty bits'. Really (I mean with the 'naughty bits').
- Nicky, Mike (and occasionally, Jepeto) at We Work For Cheese. They are wonderfully cheesy people and are responsible for unleashing upon the blissfully ignorant the cacophony of caustic concoctions known as poutine (not to be confused with 'poontang').
- Cheeseboy (Abe) at The Blog O' Cheese. When he's not role playing as kitchen appliances (his most recent post), you might spot him at the local Chinese take-out dressed as Barney the Dinosaur, waxing his arm hair or doing some other crazy stuff like that. Hey, he works with kids - young kids - the kind of kids that drive you bonkers - all day long. Yeah, he's entitled.
- Meleah at Momma Mia, Mea Culpa. She hails from Jersey, complete with the attitude (she loves the badger), is so versatile that she surfs the 'net while sitting on the john, but above all, she has a heart of gold.
Once this is published, I will be off to complete the last of my obligations. Speaking of obligations, I'm then off to go pick up some
"Eyeball" update: They are now to arrive sometime early next week. Yeah, right. I won't be holding my breath.